Kami no jishin Shogun 2 Total War Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaps in my Knowledge

4 posters

Go down

Gaps in my Knowledge Empty Gaps in my Knowledge

Post  Deorn Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:11 am

Hello all!! Just a couple of questions that are floating around my mind.

1) Veteran Units.

Now, I've managed to get a couple of units up to level 5 and 6. Looking in the upgrade points section for them, the lower section is a place you spend clan tokens. Now I have plenty of clan tokens I want to pump into these guys. Some of the skills say they need to be level five and know four basic skills. As far as I can tell my unit meet these requirements, but it's still grey. Any ideas what is going on? Do each of the skills need to be maxed?

And also, will this increase their cost?

2) V.U. paint job.

When a unit becomes veteran he can get a paint job. What do you guys think of this? I like to keep them plain, not to draw attention to them that they are special (although I know the rank is shown on the banner).

3) General Skill Tree.

Is it worth pumping two points into rally? The bonus says it reduces the cooldown timer of skills, but I've found my battles don't last long enough to get close to a refresh of my skills.

4) The Northern Isle.

How do I get to that isle just floating to the north? Do I need all the ocean around it? I am woeful indeed at naval battle!

Thanks for any advice Smile

Deorn

Back to top Go down

Gaps in my Knowledge Empty Re: Gaps in my Knowledge

Post  Arclight Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:27 pm

1. They also have a requirement in points spend, yes. You'll need to max the melee defence with veteran points before you can increase it further with clan tokens, for example. Also, you need to have spend 4 points total for skills that require lvl5. Cost increases by 70 for most. All requirements are listed if you hover the cursor over them.

2. I use it to quickly pick out my veterans without looking at banners, though in practice it doesn't make much difference. You rarely have the luxury of decidng exactly who engages who.

3. Probably not in rally, but the "inpire" cooldown is worth it. Think I'll reset and leave only one point in rally myself at some point.

4. Not a clue, have the same issue getting to Shokaku. My guess is you need to control the sea conecting it to the mainland.

Arclight

Back to top Go down

Post  Life Pilgrim Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:37 pm

Veteran unit custom color. I share your reasoning why it is better not to use custom color for veteran units. I do however use custom names.

As for rally yeah you're right in most battles there won't be enough time to use it twice. But in those very few that would it would be very very critical to winning or losing the game.
Life Pilgrim
Life Pilgrim

http://exposingsingapore.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bylethski Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:52 am

about veteran unit if you want to spend in a capacity you need a normal level point and tokens in fact.
and price added can go to 70 to 140 (more or less) depened on what capacity
Bylethski
Bylethski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum