Kami no jishin Shogun 2 Total War Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction thread thingamaling

+4
Daysofdoom
HunterICX
Life Pilgrim
Dowly
8 posters

Go down

Introduction thread thingamaling Empty Introduction thread thingamaling

Post  Dowly Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:26 pm

Thought it would be a nice to get to know each other a bit more so here goes.

Name: Dowly (That's all you need to know Very Happy )
TW experience: All but NTW, maybe 95% RTW as I just love the era. (Tho, I still suck at MP.)

Hmm... what to say... dont think you want to hear my life story, so I just say that I spend way too many hours on PC, usually prefer strategy or simulation-ish games (Armed Assault, DCS: BS & A-10C etc.), but also like to play more casual games at times, like Minecraft. I have no hobbies, unless you count getting drunk, jacking off and ridiculous passion for boobs as ones. Myeah, that's about it.

Oh and before I forget, let's see how many of 'us' are here: I'm Dave! Yognaut! excited
Dowly
Dowly

Back to top Go down

Introduction thread thingamaling Empty Re: Introduction thread thingamaling

Post  Life Pilgrim Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:58 pm

Hello everyone Life Pilgrim here. I'm the clan owner/founder computer .

I play every Total War games since Shogun 1. I've without failing in every next total war poll voted for Shogun 2 Razz . So I'm so glad that it's finally here. I forsee myself playing Shogun 2 for years to come or until Shogun 3 came out that's provided I still live to see that day Wink

My country of residence is Indonesia but essentially I'm a man without roots Very Happy.
My race is human kind, my religion is kindness and its dogma is the truth and sincerity, my political ideology is righteousness and moral fitness but my God is one, forever alive and universal.

Thank your for joining our clan. Welcome to the Kami no jishin.
Here's for the friendship we are going to build in the years to come! Cheers happy

Last edited by Life Pilgrim on Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:18 pm; edited 5 times in total
Life Pilgrim
Life Pilgrim

http://exposingsingapore.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  HunterICX Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:11 pm

A quik hello from my end then,

Alias: HunterICX
Country: Spain (Origen Dutch moved to Spain about 10 years ago)
Total War History: Played the series from the first Shogun (only skipped the first Medieval Total War) my favorite beeing the first Shogun and I hope that Shogun 2 will grow on me too.

nothing really much else to add at the moment, just hoping to have a good time playing S2TW with you lot. Smile

HunterICX
HunterICX
HunterICX

Back to top Go down

Post  Life Pilgrim Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:20 pm

Very cool avatar and signature picture Hunter Wink
Life Pilgrim
Life Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Daysofdoom Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:24 pm

Nick:Daysofdoom
Total war history: Played everyone except for shogun 1. Shogun 2 is the first one of the series that I played online.
Game types I like: Strategy, simulation, some FPS, RPG not mmorpgs though, action, and some indie games.

I go to school right now for history and philosophy, I'm still pretty young so I'm not 100% on what I want to do with my life. But I am a history and philosophy buff. Also, a redditor. And I look forward to gaming with my fellow Kami no Jishin samurai.

For Honor To Glory!!!!!

Last edited by Daysofdoom on Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Daysofdoom
Daysofdoom

Back to top Go down

Introduction thread thingamaling Empty Steam: Thalfang Birth Name: Andrew

Post  Thalfang Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:45 am

So my name's Andrew and I've played Shogun 1, Rome, and Med 2 mainly, recently got Empire. Haven't played Med 1 or Napoleon. I consider myself decently good at Strategy games, though I'm still learning this one. Got about a 50-50 win loss ratio on tier 2 which I jumped into by joining this clan.

I mainly joined because the clan description was by far the best and seemed like good/chill people ran it so here I am Smile

I live in New Mexico USA, though I was raised in Thailand and grew up in Virginia USA.

I practice Heki Ryū Bishū Chikurin-ha Kyudo and Okinawan Shorin Ryu Kiyobukan Karatedo. I have the great fortune of studying under pupils that study under the head of both of these styles.

I'm a simple person and am a Philosophy Major with a concentration in Morality with minors in History and Cultural Anthropology.

I wish to on day live within a local food system, hunting gathering fishing and farming with a community that I can rely on and whom can rely on me. To live without hypocrisy.

If you all want to know more by all means Smile

And by the way I need help getting better at this game >.>

Last edited by Thalfang on Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Thalfang
Thalfang

Back to top Go down

Post  Daysofdoom Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:23 pm

Thalfang wrote:And by the way I need help getting better at this game >.>

Welcome to the clan!

I live in America too, so linking up times shouldn't be to hard. If you want I should be on tonight around 9 pm EST so like 6 or 7 there? I would be totally down with doing some practice games with your to help you get better. I am rank 7 with a positive win ratio in 1v1 (idk what is actually is because the ranking system is messed up) and a really positive with ration in 2v2. Let me know if you want to practice. Also, you can add me on steam, Im one of the administrators(war counsel members) on the clans steam page so ill be easy to find.
Daysofdoom
Daysofdoom

Back to top Go down

Post  Life Pilgrim Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:48 pm

Welcome to the clan Thalfang. Sounds a very interesting life you got there.
Enjoy your stay in the clan and have fun Wink .
Life Pilgrim
Life Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:04 pm

I'm from the Netherlands, that is all you need to know Very Happy
But serious, I am from the Netherlands. Use the name Darasuum on my steam. Played all total wars except the first Shogun and Napoleon.
Currently studying 'Applied Psychology', but going to change that this September to 'Oriental Communication and Business'. This also means me going to have to move towns and no more supercomputer available with high-speed connection Razz
So far I'm pretty good at Shogun Total War 2 Multi player so as I can count my losses on one hand(this will probably increase rapidly though Razz).

I do Aikibudo once in a week, like to do it more often but the lessons are only once a week.
As for the religion discussion starting in this thread, I don't give a sh*t what you believe in, just don't bother me with it. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Daysofdoom Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:41 pm

Darasuum wrote: As for the religion discussion starting in this thread, I don't give a sh*t what you believe in, just don't bother me with it. Smile
Completely agree Very Happy. Don't worry the discussion seems to be over.
Daysofdoom
Daysofdoom

Back to top Go down

Post  Life Pilgrim Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:16 pm

Darasuum wrote:
As for the religion discussion starting in this thread, I don't give a sh*t what you believe in, just don't bother me with it. Smile

Never meant to discuss it and will not bother anyone with my personal faith. In fact I'll delete my other post.
Life Pilgrim
Life Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post  LaststandofGilead Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:50 am

Hey guys, thought I'd introduce myself as well.

Name: LaststandofGilead/dtjunkie19 (or Mike)
Played every TW game since shogun 1. Was much much younger back then.

About me:
Finishing up my junior year at New York University, studying Psychology. Finishing up undergrad, then going for Masters/PhD. Love weightlifting, reading, videogames. Always on my computer or at the gym.

I like to think I am pretty decent at the game, my win ratio of now is alright, hopefully will improve..its been a bit frustrating with some of the bugs I've experienced causing a win to go unrecorded or an opponent to disconnect right after the game starts. But loving the game so far. The battles are quite intense and immersing.

Hope to get to play with you guys ingame!

LaststandofGilead

Back to top Go down

Post  Cosmic Juice Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:35 pm

Name: Cosmic Juice
TW Experience: I've played RTW but I have very limited experience with it. MTW2 was the first game I played fully, and I loved it! ETW and NTW are both great but my heart will always be with MTW2. STW2 is awesome.

Currently looking for work after completing Computer Games Design and Development at College. Also I've have done Philosophy, Film Studies and Media Production A Levels.

I was doing competitive Judo when I was 7 until I was 11 then I got bored and wanted more of a spiritual and demanding martial art (which is strange because I view myself as a strong athiest) I then did Ninjutsu, Jujutsu with the Genbukan World Ninpo Bugei Federation for 5 years until I had to stop for college. Thinking about starting Iaido soon. So that's where my love for Japanese history and culture comes from, years of Japanese martial arts.

As for my skill at Shogun 2, I like to think I've found my balance but I'm still learning each time I play. Each victory is something to be proud of.

Cosmic Juice
Cosmic Juice

Back to top Go down

Introduction thread thingamaling Empty オス

Post  Arkhan Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:19 am

みんあさんこんにちは

I posted in another section of the forum because well... I didn't see this thread, or as I prefer to see it: it hid from me (always remember, blokes can't be at fault !)

outch now my gf is hitting me Sad

Anyway, I wanted to drop by because I read this clan profile on steam and it seemed quite alright actually...

I am an old student (about to turn 25 :/) studying Japanese at uni.
I currently playing shogun 2 offline with a not-so-l*gal version of the game, just because I couldn't wait for my lass to buy it for my B-day... So in about a week, I'll be online Twisted Evil if the parcel arrives on time...
Then well, I'll be looking for some battlefield to drench with the blood of every fool that crosses my path... Or just lose and die there like an ***** !

what else... erm I can speak English (no kidding !) and French fluently, but I'm still a beginner at Japanese. I'm writing to some random people on a penpal website and hopefully I'll learn how to properly chat in this language.

I played a game of medieval 1 ages ago at a LAN party, loved it, then forgot about it... Years later, I played shogun 1, and bought RTW which I played online not so badly. Thence I moved to M2TW, which I played at a not-so-bad level too Smile
I can't stand Empire and Napoleon, just hate the era and the way they fight ! A man should be able to look into his death in the eyes... Or is it the martial artist part of me speaking ?

That's it, I hope to see and play you (and crush you, but I think I'll have my bum kicked) on the battlefield Smile
Arkhan
Arkhan

Back to top Go down

Post  Life Pilgrim Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:28 pm

Welcome to the clan Arkhan, I quite like Empire and Napoleon Total War actually. Love the sea battles especially. I have a perversion with tall ship Very Happy .

I've been playing World of tanks a lot these days so there's no time left for Shogun 2. But no doubt Shogun 2 is a terrific game and I'll be playing it regularly...once I unlock that next tank in World of tanks Razz
Life Pilgrim
Life Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum