Highest level ranking opponent you've beaten and lowest ranking opponent that have beaten you

Go down

Highest level ranking opponent you've beaten and lowest ranking opponent that have beaten you

Post  Life Pilgrim on Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:08 pm

Yesterday I was beaten by a level one opponent with me being a level 6. He was pretty sharp. I admit I could win the battle if I hadn't attacked uphill. But I figured he was a lvl one and I won in the first part of the battle involving cavalry, so I was rather overconfident and impatient.

Today I just beat a level 10 with me being a level 6.

This convinces me that tactics and planning are more crucial than brute force.
Life Pilgrim

View user profile http://exposingsingapore.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Highest level ranking opponent you've beaten and lowest ranking opponent that have beaten you

Post  ari on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:13 am

Maybe you haven't been met by brute force. Funds go by the lowest ranking player in a match - you'd need to be rank 10 yourself to see brute force at its finest, where ultra fund makes it possible for full army of high level vets. At funds lower than that, the higher prices of vetted units actually does something to make them delicate albeit powerful. But come ultra fund, not having high level vets just mean you can't even use all your funds.

Check this out. Can't even flee from it in time. Rapid fire on a high vet matchlock makes ranked fire useless apparantly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak63sjKvXqs&feature=channel_video_title

ari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Highest level ranking opponent you've beaten and lowest ranking opponent that have beaten you

Post  Life Pilgrim on Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:15 am

ari wrote:Maybe you haven't been met by brute force. Funds go by the lowest ranking player in a match - you'd need to be rank 10 yourself to see brute force at its finest, where ultra fund makes it possible for full army of high level vets. At funds lower than that, the higher prices of vetted units actually does something to make them delicate albeit powerful. But come ultra fund, not having high level vets just mean you can't even use all your funds.

Check this out. Can't even flee from it in time. Rapid fire on a high vet matchlock makes ranked fire useless apparantly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak63sjKvXqs&feature=channel_video_title

Umm but when you get to lvl 10 then the playing field is even out to you and both your opponent. What kind of lvl 10 avatar that doesn't have worthy high level veterans?

Numbers is an illusion the only real consequence is that more units demands more management so player will be more busy and both sides will have more troops too to fight on their side.

Anyway just my 2 cents tongue
Life Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Cosmic Juice on Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:37 am

I'm only a level 4, since I've stopped playing for a while because of multiplayer issues. I beat a level 10 a while back with my basic army of bow ashigaru, yari ashigaru and yari samurai and cavalry, with no veterans. I outplayed him by consentrating fire on one unit and making them route, and tricking his great guard into the woods to be defeated by lowley spear wielding peasants. Just kiting everything with my general and bow ashigaru and eventually he sent out his general and he became a lovely pin cushion. In the end all his units fled and it hailed the excuses of "I didn't bring the right units" "I had slight lag". It did make me smile, second time I've beaten someone much higher than me.
Cosmic Juice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Life Pilgrim on Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Cosmic Juice wrote:I'm only a level 4, since I've stopped playing for a while because of multiplayer issues. I beat a level 10 a while back with my basic army of bow ashigaru, yari ashigaru and yari samurai and cavalry, with no veterans. I outplayed him by consentrating fire on one unit and making them route, and tricking his great guard into the woods to be defeated by lowley spear wielding peasants. Just kiting everything with my general and bow ashigaru and eventually he sent out his general and he became a lovely pin cushion. In the end all his units fled and it hailed the excuses of "I didn't bring the right units" "I had slight lag". It did make me smile, second time I've beaten someone much higher than me.

Sounds like great strategy. Very Happy . I never beat lvl 10 player until I was level 6. Never found them before that in match making. At least he played until the end. I had one lvl 10 player who recognized me as Kami no jishin clan leader. He seemed winning until the very end. When he realized he was about to lose he disconnected. laughing
Life Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down