Kami no jishin Shogun 2 Total War Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shogun 1 (Nostalgic)

3 posters

Go down

Shogun 1 (Nostalgic) Empty Shogun 1 (Nostalgic)

Post  HunterICX Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:33 am

Who of you can remember seeying this back in the day

When I purchased a game there was this Shogun Total War Demo CD that came with it (which just had the trailer shown above)
it got me really interested and I got it soon when I had the money for it, it was the beginning of the end for me Smile

I liked every bit of it...the looks, the music and the gameplay.
Wasted countless hours on it and it's by date the only TW game where I completed the campaign more then a couple of times where as with the other TW titles I own I may have completed them once or twice.

So when launching up Shogun 2 hearing the music of Shogun 1 in the loading screen really brought me back Very Happy

So far I like Shogun 2 a lot, it's great to see the game of 2000 been re-made up to date and still keep the core of the original intact. Also it's nice to see the AI for the first time beeing challenging on Normal.

so for the ones that played the original what are your thoughts about Shogun 2 so far?

HunterICX

HunterICX
HunterICX

Back to top Go down

Shogun 1 (Nostalgic) Empty Re: Shogun 1 (Nostalgic)

Post  Life Pilgrim Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:26 am

I'm moving this to other game Smile
Life Pilgrim
Life Pilgrim

http://exposingsingapore.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Shogun 1 (Nostalgic) Empty Old School

Post  Thalfang Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:06 pm

Yeah I played Shogun around '98. I was still decently young but then I picked it back up again after playing Rome around 2005. Needless to say I was much better at the game Smile I beat it on Very Hard with I think 3 of the clans, and I think I may have once with Uesugi Clan on Extreme. Really fun game. It was hard on the harder difficulties as well. I do enjoy Shogun 2 much better though so far from what I've played of single player, more balanced I think.

I remember playing Shogun the first time then was like, "Oh man other Total War games exist, with way better graphics!?" "I really hope they remake Shogun so it has really narly graphics Smile ". And then when I heard it was being released in January I immediately pre-ordered and had to wait until the 21 to actually play it XD. The music in the first Shogun was great and I think in Shogun 2 just as good Smile I liked the throwback music in the loading screens as well.

I think what got me into Japanese culture was the PS2 game Kessen which was one of the first games released for that platform. I was blown away and really did a lot of research and reading dealing with Japanese culture. More appealing to me than Knights and whatnot for some reason.

I wrote some papers at the University dealing with Samurai. One for a class in Eschatology dealing with how the death of the samurai in Japanese culture led to a society of merchants who had no check on them that the warrior class once provided. Interesting concept decently supported but not my best paper =D.
Thalfang
Thalfang

Back to top Go down

Shogun 1 (Nostalgic) Empty Re: Shogun 1 (Nostalgic)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down