Best kind of Avatar?

Go down

Best kind of Avatar?

Post  Daysofdoom on Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:39 pm

Hey guys, wanted to know your ideas on what is the best avatar set up leadership, bow, combat, or a mixed avatar. I have been using a max out combat avatar to take on enemy cav and to attack the enemy general. ( he can crush a full unit of Yari cav even when both are charging, and can even take on 2 units of them at once but he will suffer a lot of casualties he will still win.) However, my last battle was an interesting one because the enemy general was a maxed out archer general who was able to slaughter my general and his retinue before they could even get into combat so needless to say i lost. So, I want to know what kind of avatar you guys think works best and how you use them on the battle field.
Daysofdoom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Best kind of Avatar?

Post  Deorn on Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:06 pm

Like this enemy you faced, I keep my avatar focused on the bow (with a side point to rally).

I keep my General close to the front line, giving that moral boost for where the fighting is thickest. But having points in archery he can still contribute to the damage as well while not being in increased danger, and when the enemy General is near can really thin their numbers before engaging.

I guess for me this works because I'm a little more of a defensive player than offense.

Deorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Daysofdoom on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:31 pm

I am going to try out a maxed out archer general tomorrow, but I like the combat general because he can be used to actually fight. My avatar has crazy high stats, like hero unit level stats when maxed out in combat. The bow general sounds like a good idea, but i am also an offensive player. I usually can deal with bow avatars with my avatar but this guy knew exactly how to use him and I couldn't deal, well it was actually a 2v2 so my ally and I both couldn't deal. Both of our avatars got killed by their avatars. Normally in a battle if the enemy avatar is bow and is a little distracted I can maneuver my avatar into a position where he can charge and annihilate the enemy avatar extremely fast which of course leads to his army routing. I guess I need to figure out a way to deal with this kind of avatar tactics for future battles.
Daysofdoom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HunterICX on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:45 am

I'm mixing mine with the focus on Morale and Melee Combat.
so he can inspire the men in combat, join when the enemy is about to break and stand on it's own when it's getting engaged by the enemy.

HunterICX
HunterICX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arclight on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:12 am

Was waiting for the hotfix, now respecced full leadership. I kinda want to spend points in defense and armour as well, but for the moment it doesn't seem a good idea to forego army-wide morale bonus for a little extra avatar defense. Will invest in defense in the near future though (kinda done with leadership, just 1 more point for lvl2 morale bonus, and stand-and-fight ability which I'll probably skip).

For the moment I'm using the legendary helmet retainer I luckily got in one of my first matches. +10 defense should keep him alive a little longer when in a pinch... kinda feels like wasting a retainer slot though.

About countering bow generals: few rockets might do it, save them for that. Or any ranged unit really, should be good deterent to keep those generals at bay, away from their melee units where they are actually needed.

That said, I find targeting a general with ranged units cowardly. Doubt I'll ever follow up on my own suggestions. Laughing

Arclight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dowly on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:16 am

As I very rarely take my avatar to combat (heck, the first casualty of the unit might be your general, so why risk it?), I have put everything on leadership and one point to enable the bow.

The increased aura radius thingy is especially nice, as you can obviously have your avatar farther away from the opponents archers.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ari on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:33 pm

Generally, I'd say go with the morale tree. From the beginning when you're using small fund and a bunch of ashigaru, the stamina, morale, and fighting ability bonus your general gives those ashigaru make them worth while. Then as you move up to medium fund, your general can give those bonuses to a full army!

Now as your avatar ranks up so does your bodyguards veterancy. At highest ranks and especially if you're playing with or against a low ranker so that the fund is small, when your bodyguard unit costs 1/3 of your entire small fund, you're better off with points in melee tree so you can put that 20+ melee attack and no-penalty-against-spear of the bodyguards to work.

Neither the melee or the bow tree allows your avatar to affect the outcome of a battle like morale tree does if the engagement was between 2 full armies. The bow tree is probably better off as a secondary rather than a main tree. While a few extra arrows here and there can be nice, it's just not enough use compared to other skill trees unless you snipe the enemy general. But chances are you'd be shot by enemy archers and what not first if you tried to do their generals. Just leaving the center of your army to try to snipe an important enemy unit is already a counter intuitive use of the general unit - losing morale bonus on a wing of the army just sling a few arrows while exposing your own general? No thanks. Leave that sort of skirmish to expendable ninjas and bow cavalry.

ari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

i dont play games

Post  Kami no hi Kazi on Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:16 pm

i just kill people. my avatar will defeat yours in 1 on 1 combat. but if you really want to know i wish i went all leadership skills, it is what your general should be a leader, not just a savage killer like mine.
Kami no hi Kazi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arclight on Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:33 pm

Then reset it, only takes 3 tokens. Wink

Did a reset after hotfix, focused more on leadership. Very nice bonuses, though I'm investing in defence and hopefully armour now, try to keep the bugger alive when he gets into a fight.

Arclight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down