1v1 Multi-player Armies (small or medium funds.)

Go down

1v1 Multi-player Armies (small or medium funds.)

Post  Daysofdoom on Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:28 pm

Hey guys, was wondering what Army configurations everyone has been having success with. I usually do an army with 4 units of heavy cav (Yari, Katana, Great guard), several units of either my vet Yari ashigaru or Yari Samurai, backed up with several units of Katana Samurai. I have had some success and some defeats using this Mix and I have been trying to tweak it so that it is more effective. So I am wondering what army combinations you guys have been using and finding success with.

-DaysOfDoom
Daysofdoom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1v1 Multi-player Armies (small or medium funds.)

Post  Life Pilgrim on Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:31 pm

Hi Days of doom I'm moving you thread to multi player section Smile .

Regards,
Life Pilgrim
Life Pilgrim

View user profile http://exposingsingapore.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Arclight on Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:01 am

Er, think last medium I used was 4x yari cav, 1x light cav, 4x yari ashigaru, 4x bow ashigaru and 6 loan-sword ashigaru.

All the katana are vets with +1 morale and another +1 from retainer. Light cav is vet lvl3 with boosted charge, defense and attack. Can swap out 1 yari cav for another lvl3 light cav and get some more veterans, for example bow with increased accuracy or yari ashigaru with morale and defense boost.

Arclight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crécy on Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:07 pm

For me the mandatory for small matches are 2x Yari cavlary. For medium: 6x Yari cavalry. I don't use bows at all. My whole strategy lies on the hands of the yari cavalry.

In small matches my infantry usually consists 2x Yari Ashigaru and the rest of them are sword infantry and usually at least one samurai unit which acts as a shock unit.

Medium funds:

6x Yari Cavalry
2-4x Yari Ashigaru

Rest of the troops are sword infantry. 2-3x loan sword ashigaru and rest of them samurai.

Crécy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrtroll on Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:13 pm

First of all hello guys. Now the important part:

I think I've found a pretty good combo for small battles, 2~3 Yari Caval, 2 bow ashigaru 1 loan sword samurai and 1 katana samurai, it has worked 2 times now, I'll edit my post as soon as I get more information, I won't be posting retainers since I have so few lol.
Mrtroll

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/MrtrollBR

Back to top Go down

Post  Jokeroffate on Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:50 am

Crécy wrote:For me the mandatory for small matches are 2x Yari cavlary. For medium: 6x Yari cavalry. I don't use bows at all. My whole strategy lies on the hands of the yari cavalry.

Really?! No bows?! I would think that archers are kinda useful to have around (Then again I use bows a lot so...)

My setup is pretty much just Bows and horses, I tend to keep my archers in front of my enemy and move my cavalry around the flanks and if any break off from the enemy army I'll mow them down with my cavalry (Hit and run style Very Happy). Keep in mind that if the enemy too many spears then it's game over for your cavalry.

Archers and Cavalry give you the "Super amazing power" to attack with lightning fast and long range attacks. It gets better in areas with trees and such, ambushes from archers and cavalry are pretty amazing to watch.

But you're looking for a setup so I guess the above doesn't help much, but it really does depend on what your good at using (Infantry,Archers or Cavalry) and what the enemy's going to be using too. I've seen army's that are just made out of archers do well (Infantry and Cavalry too, but Infantry got destroyed (but they still won)). You could just use a mixed bag of all unit types, but you might have problems if you enemy focuses on one or two unit types too much.

This is long post and for that I'm sorry I got a little carried away Rolling Eyes
Anyway I hope this helped Very Happy

Jokeroffate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Life Pilgrim on Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:49 am

Reading this thread I really wish I could play now...umm on the positive side I sent a package to US and it took 4 weeks well almost 4 weeks to arrive.

That means 3 more weeks to go. think
Life Pilgrim

View user profile http://exposingsingapore.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrtroll on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:29 pm

Life Pilgrim wrote:Reading this thread I really wish I could play now...umm on the positive side I sent a package to US and it took 4 weeks well almost 4 weeks to arrive.

That means 3 more weeks to go. think

Why didn't you buy from steam? O.o ( My bet at Limited Edition)

Anyway: So far I've found this strategy to work:

3 Yari Caval, 2 loan swords and 1 katana samurai, bow general and 1 bow ashigaru. ( Small matches ) +1 Armour retainer for all melee infantry, and clan speciality for fast advancement, it's been working a lot lately.
Mrtroll

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/MrtrollBR

Back to top Go down

Post  hokeypokey422 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:30 pm

I always go with a balanced force for small matches...General, 1 yari cav, two katana samurai, loan sword ashigaru, yari ashigaru, and two bows
hokeypokey422

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ari on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:18 pm

I assume small fund army means low rank matchings. For these matches you need to be aware that a good portion of players will camp in a forested hill with their sword samurai. If you use melee cavalry you'd be stuck with a waiting game very often.

To get through these ranks I put all my avatar's skills into the morale tree and used all ashigaru. Got the +1 morale rice field retainer, and the -10% ashigaru recruitment cost skilled orator retainer. I started fielding full armies starting at medium funds. And used a lot of ashigaru archers to shoot campers off of their hills and then engage them with ashigaru spear wall. Then once I got Stand and Fight skill for Avatar, it all became so easy to just put up a strong ashigaru front that forces opponent to dedicate their samurai forces. The only auxilia I used were some light cavalry for emergencies when I'm out matched. Later, I added matchlock ashigaru when they became unlocked to better deal with melee charges.

Now that I'm higher ranked and moved up to large fund, I'm finding excess funding fielding full veteran ashigaru army. And my army regularly uses cannon and great guards as well as monk matchlocks in addition to the ashigaru front in battle.

ari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down